Friends Committee on National Legislation Spring Lobby Weekend / 2023

March 25-28, 2023 | Washington, D.C. or Online. At Spring Lobby Weekend, our young adult advocacy conference, hundreds of us from around the country will gather to learn advocacy skills and lobby Congress for important policy changes. Together we will take action in support of violence interruption programs: community-centered solutions to address the root causes of violence. To register go to fcnl.org

Red Cross Lifesaving / AED Training / January 2023

New Garden Friends Meeting wants to gauge interest in a Red Cross Lifesaving / AED class given at the Meeting. This includes use of our AED machine (Automated External Defibrillator), in the hall outside of our kitchen, and CPR leading to Red Cross certification for CPR and AED. We will need between 8 and 12 participants for the Red Cross to offer this paid program. Please contact Valerie Harris at the office to add your…

Items Still Needed for the Refugee Parsonage Project / January 18, 2023

We had a great group of Friends come out for a very productive work day at the Parsonage recently. Thank you to everyone for your hard work and donations. The home is almost ready for our first family. We are still in need of some items for the house. If you have any to donate or would be interested in picking these items up, we’d be grateful. The ReStore has proven a wonderful resource for…

Challenging Racism / January 18, 2023

My husband invited me to go to a play with him this Thursday night, and I’m excited about it! The play, “Nice White Parents 2016” sounds like a possible help for me as I often find myself struggling between good intention vs actual impact. I could wait until next week and give you a review, but since it will be in Greensboro for such a limited time, I thought I would give you the “heads-up”…

Quaker Cupboard Seeking Food & Hygiene Donations for Guilford College Students / January 18, 2023

Hi friends, this update comes from Jack and Quinn Finnegan in relation to our efforts to help those experiencing food shortage at Guilford College. Through our Quaker cupboard program we are asking for donations of items such as Ramen, pasta and sauce, nut butter, dried fruits, pop tarts, Gatorade, tortillas, chips, KIND bars, alternative shelf stable milks, other non perishable food items and hygiene products. There is a collection box on a table in the…

Blankets for New Arrivals Institute / January 12, 2023

New Arrivals Institute needs new or gently used blankets for their clients. The Peace and Social Concerns Committee will be holding a blanket drive beginning immediately through the middle of March. Collected blankets will be delivered each week so that those in need will not have to wait until the end of the drive to receive them. There will be a bin in the connector for your contribution. Thanks, in advance, for this warm welcome!

2023 Black Quaker Lives Matter Film Festival & Forum / February – April 2023

The American Friends Service Committee & The BlackQuaker Project Present: The 2023 Black Quaker Lives Matter Film Festival & Forum Screening & Discussion Every Other Saturday / 4 February 2023 to 8 April 2023, 1 PM Eastern Time. The BlackQuaker Project (BQP) is proud to announce the 2023 Black Quaker Lives Matter Film Festival & Forum, a groundbreaking exploration of Black Friends who made a difference throughout both USA and world history. This year’s festival-forum…

30 Day Vegan Pledge / February – March 2022

As a long time attender at NGFM I would like to invite F/friends to a 30 Day Vegan Pledge my organization is hosting Feb-Mar, 2023. It is in person at Scuppernong Independent Book Store, 304 S Elm St, Greensboro 27401. Register using the QR code below or on the bulletin board. You can also go to GoVeganWithUs.org The meeting dates are: • Saturday, 2/4/23 10.00-12.00 • Saturday, 2/11, 10.00-12.00 • Saturday, 2/25 10.00-12.00 • Saturday,…

Items Still Needed for the Refugee Parsonage Project / January 13, 2023

We had a great group of Friends come out for a very productive work day at the Parsonage this past weekend. Thank you to everyone for your hard work and donations. The home is almost ready for our first family. We are still in need of some items for the house. If you have any to donate or would be interested in picking these items up, we’d be grateful. The ReStore has proven a wonderful…