May is Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month, and Jewish American Heritage Month May 1 – May Day May 2 – World Ukulele Day May 3 – Natl Teacher Day May 5 – Cinco de Mayo May 8 – Mothers’ Day May 30 – Memorial Day: National Military Appreciation May 31 – Anniversary of Tulsa Massacre — (submitted by AntiRacism Group)
New Garden Friends Meeting is Gradually Resuming In-Person Activities
Please join us for Semi-Programmed Meeting for Worship on First Day, either in the Worship Room, Friendship Hall, by Zoom or by Facebook Live. Note: A link for Zoom will be sent by email, or it can be requested from the office through Friday.
Unprogrammed Meeting for Worship will be held in the Worship Room from 9 to 9:45 a.m. on First Day.
We will have childcare for youngsters through age 4. Preregistration is required; contact Karin Heller ([email protected]) for details.
Whenever gathering inside the Meeting House, please follow these guidelines:
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of illness.
- Reserve meeting room(s) in advance by calling the NGFM office at (336) 292-5487 or emailing [email protected]; note the capacity of room(s) you will be using and do not exceed maximum occupancy.
- Optimize ventilation according to the instructions posted by the door of each room.
- If your group size exceeds the capacity of available indoor space (posted by the door of each room), meet outdoors.
- Mask and socially distance 6 feet from others, regardless of location or group size.
- Do not sing or eat together indoors (least safe activities for unvaccinated people, even if they are masked.)
- Use restrooms one individual or family group at a time.
NGFM COVID Medical Advisors
Meeting for Worship / June 27, 2021
New Garden Friends Meeting is an inclusive, welcoming faith community in the tradition of the Religious Society of Friends. Our members and attenders represent a wide range of religious backgrounds and traditions. Grounded in more than 250 years of Quaker heritage, New Garden remains a vital Meeting for those who seek that of God in every person.