Call Sen. Burr & Tillis’ office this Friday, October 15 and ask the Senators to co-sponsor or publicly endorse S.J. Res 10 to repeal the 2002 Iraq Authorization of Use of Military Force (AUMF)! The phone numbers are: Burr – 202-224-3154; Tillis – 202-224-6342 Can’t call? Submit an email here. Friends across N.C. will be…
New Garden Friends Meeting is Gradually Resuming In-Person Activities
As we gradually resume in-person activities, we continue to prioritize safety and inclusiveness for all users of our Meeting House, both New Gardeners and visitors.
We are opening the building to small groups according to the capacity limits we set previously. Group leaders can contact Sharon (336.292.5487) to make reservations. All visitors should remain masked and socially distanced and follow other guidelines provided by COVID advisors.
We will continue to hold semi-programmed meetings for worship at 10:00 am on Sundays outdoors. This remains the safest way for a large group of people, vaccinated and unvaccinated, to be together.
We will provide live Zoom and Facebook connections for those who prefer to participate from home; those participants should also note the time change to 10 a.m. and the other changes in schedule, below.
Adult Forum and Spiritual Disciplines will meet by Zoom at 11:15 a.m. You can participate as a small group on the grounds, if you prefer. Just bring along your computer.
Those attending unprogrammed meetings for worship on Sundays from 9 – 9:45 a.m. are welcome to use the meeting room.
Please follow the guidance below;
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of illness.
- Meet outdoors, if feasible, regardless of group size; please bring your own chairs.
- Reserve meeting room(s) in advance by calling the NGFM office at (336) 292-5487 or emailing email@example.com ; note the capacity of room(s) you will be using and do not exceed maximum occupancy.
- Optimize ventilation according to the instructions posted by the door of each room.
- If your group size exceeds the capacity of available indoor space (posted by the door of each room), meet outdoors.
- Mask and socially distance 6 feet from others, regardless of location or group size.
- Do not sing or eat together indoors: (least safe activities for unvaccinated people, even if they are masked.)
- Use restrooms one individual or family group at a time.
In case of threatening weather, we will send out a notice by email early Sunday morning, canceling outdoor activities. In this case, Zoom and Facebook live will take place according to the new schedule: 10 a.m. Semi-programmed Meeting for Worship; 11:15 a.m. Adult Forum and Spiritual Disciplines.
Thank you for your care and patience.
NGFM COVID Medical Advisors
Meeting for Worship / June 27, 2021
New Garden Friends Meeting is an inclusive, welcoming faith community in the tradition of the Religious Society of Friends. Our members and attenders represent a wide range of religious backgrounds and traditions. Grounded in more than 250 years of Quaker heritage, New Garden remains a vital Meeting for those who seek that of God in every person.