Care Fair Held on November 20, 2022

New Gardeners enjoyed fellowship at the Care Fair at the rise of meeting. Tables were staffed by volunteers explaining opportunities to care for each other organized through Caring Friends. Cookie give aways, fiddle music and a chance to enjoy each other’s company added to the fun! Thank you to all the volunteers who made the fair possible and to all the New Gardeners who signed up to become a Caring Friend. If you were unable to attend,…

The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together / November 22, 2022

The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together by Heather McGhee, mentioned in this space earlier, is a big book, which I am still reading, in advance of placing it in our Little Free Anti-racist Library. I am led to share this quotation from page 205 in the chapter entitled The Same Sky today: Perhaps it makes sense, if you’ve spent a lifetime seeing yourself as the winner of…

Parents Night Out / Friday, December 9, 2022

Our next “Parents Night Out” is Friday, December 9, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.. Parents, please register with an email to [email protected] by noon on Thursday. Include your name and cell phone number, another emergency contact, your child’s name and age and any information you want to add about the child. Caregivers will be Marcy Maury and Susan Dorn. Contact Susan with questions at [email protected] or 336-312-2225.

31st Annual Feast of Caring / November 17, 2022

Every year, on the Thursday before Thanksgiving, the Greensboro community comes together to fight hunger by participating in the Feast of Caring. During the holiday season, many face hunger and cannot sit down to a holiday feast. They will be alone, hungry, and in crisis. At the Fest of Caring, guests can make a donation and enjoy a simple meal of soup and bread. All donations will support Greensboro Urban Ministry programs that fight hunger,…

Honor Cards at New Garden Friends Meeting / November-December, 2022

Honor cards are a different way for you to give a present to your friends, neighbors or loved ones. Instead of a physical object, you give a card that reflects a gift to a nonprofit of your choice. The gift to the non-profit is in the name of your friend or loved one, so they know that a local organization has been supported in their honor. At New Garden Friends Meeting, we have selected multiple…

Care Fair / November 20, 2022

Would you like to find a way to deepen your connection to the New Garden Friends Meeting community? Would you like to be part of a group that grows community through showing care to one another? Becoming a Caring Friend might be for you! Find out more at the Care Fair. When: November 20th, 12:00 at the rise of meeting Where: outside the meeting room or on the front porch, weather permitting. Opportunities to learn…

Pastoral Care With Deborah Suess / November 16, 2022

I am so glad to join in collaborating with your Interim Pastor, Ashley Wilcox, to assist with pastoral care and visits. Ashley and I worked together for a summer several years ago at First Friends Meeting – so it’s a joy to share again in ministry. I also look forward to reconnecting with many of you. For those of you who live at Friends Homes Guilford, please know that I may do “drop in” visits.…

Join the New Garden Friends Meals on Wheels Team / November 16, 2022

Would you like to join a team that makes a big difference in the lives of others and strengthens your relationships with other Friends? If so, please join the NGFM Meals on Wheels Team. This is a project initiated by the Peace and Social Concerns Committee. Other faith communities in Greensboro have teams, and this is a great time for New Garden Friends Meeting to get on board! If you would like to volunteer, all…

Small Grants Available / November 16, 2022

Peace and Social Concern Committee is seeking proposals for small grants to support programs or projects that reflect our Quaker Values. Usually, grants are awarded in the $250 – $500 range. You may apply on behalf of an organization or project by submitting a one-page description of the work being done, specifically what the grant would be used for, contact information including name, address and how a check should be written, should the proposal be…