The final days of voting in the 2020 election are here! Before our next newsletter, our opportunity to vote will have come and gone. Many New Gardeners have voted by requesting a paper ballot and have had the receipt of their paper ballots confirmed on BallotTrax. Many others have voted in person at various early polling places. If you still have not voted and plan to do so, here are some important dates and times to note:
- Tuesday, October 27 at 5 p.m. is the latest time to request a paper ballot by mail.
- Saturday, October 31 at 3 p.m. is the last opportunity to participate in early voting and to register.
- Tuesday, November 3 from 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. is the final time to vote. You must vote at your assigned polling place on that date. If you are in line at 7:30 p.m., you will be allowed to vote.
- Avoid the largest crowds at your polling place which is early morning and just before the polls close.
The following safety steps should be in place at each polling place to avoid the spread of the Coronavirus:
- Polling monitors will enforce social distancing
- Hand sanitizers and masks will be available for those who do not bring their own.
- Frequent sanitizing of surfaces and equipment
Your vote is important and so are you! Be safe! Have you voted early by mail? Want to be sure your vote was accepted as complete? Use BallotTrax NC. You need a smart phone, iPad, or a computer to use BallotTrax. If you do not have a way to do this, please contact Meeting member Gertrude Beal. She is a N.C. Notary and will look this up for you. She will need your first and last names as you are registered, your full birthdate and your zip code. Call her at 336-299-8897. Do this soon because if your ballot has not been accepted, you will need to find another way to vote – either by early voting through October 31 or by voting at your assigned polling site on November 3.