New Garden’s donation collection and distribution area for the Afghan resettlement effort located in Norvell Hall is in full swing. Thanks to all who have donated; we have supported many families and individuals in establishing their new homes. We have two special notices regarding this outreach endeavor:
- If you are considering donating furnishings, we are overloaded with children’s clothing and supplies, as well as bed linens. So, we are not accepting those items at this time, as well as adult clothing except for coats. There is an ongoing need for mattresses, furniture, and children’s disposable diapers in all sizes.
- We continue to organize our volunteer efforts and we could use your support. We have open hours for receiving and sorting donations, listed below. Please drop by during one of these slots in December or email Martha Hughes-James at ([email protected]) or text 336-317-1757 with questions.
Schedule through January 5:
- Tuesday December 28, 3 – 5 p.m.
- Wednesday December 29, 2 – 5 p.m.
- Thursday December 30, 12:30 – 3 p.m.
- Monday January 3, 12:30 – 3 p.m.
- Wednesday January 4, 3 – 5 p.m.
- Thursday January 5, 12:30 – 3 p.m.
A new schedule will be published in mid-January that will include some weekend hours.