Friends approved the following procedures for Meeting for Worship at the Called Meeting on December 12:
- We will resume live indoor services after Christmas with attenders gathering in the meeting room where the prepared message will be given (capacity 65). Overflow seating will be provided in the Friendship Hall (capacity 49). The service will be broadcast to the Friendship Hall and displayed by projector. The service will also continue to be simulcast on Zoom and Facebook. Those wishing to avoid large congregant settings in the Meeting room and Friendship Hall, but still desiring to meet at the meeting house, may bring personal devices with headphones and log into the worship service as they gather in other rooms in the Meeting House (Brotherhood room, Parlor, etc.)
- Priority seating in the Meeting Room will be given to those who are hearing impaired, have physical requirements, and young children—otherwise seating will be first come, first seated.
- Ushers will post on the doors when the Meeting Room has reached capacity (They will not be asked to refuse people entrance to the room).
- The room will be set with ropes blocking alternating rows.
- If the worship room exceeds capacity at the start of meeting, the Clerk of Ministry and Counsel will ask for volunteers to go to Friendship Hall, or other rooms. The meeting will not begin until the room is at or below capacity.
- All persons attending worship services inside will be expected to be masked, and maintain social distancing before, during, and after worship, and to follow other COVID protocols.
- On occasion, if the weather is unseasonably mild, outdoor worship may be reinstated. Announcements will be made via email and Facebook the Friday before a ‘called’ outdoor service.
These procedures are provisional and subject to change as COVID and Meeting conditions demand.