Here is the poem I read at the opening of Monthly Meeting this past Sunday. It is taken from “Healing Ashes,” a collection of sayings and poems sent to me by my Pastor brother in California.
- Fast from judging others; Feast on Christ dwelling in them.
- Fast from fear of illness; Feast on the healing power of God.
- Fast from discontent; Feast on gratitude.
- Fast from anger; Feast on patience.
- Fast from negatives; Feast on encouragement.
- Fast from bitterness; Feast on forgiveness.
–Adapted from “A Lenten Prayer” – William Arthur Ward