Because several have asked, I’m sharing the list of poems that Alan and I read on Sunday lightly programmed meeting for worship.
Many others from meeting have expressed appreciation and some have told me that they feel inspired to volunteer to read for future lightly programmed 5th Sundays.
The poems that we read were, in this order:
• Karen – A Permeable Life, by Carrie Newcomer, from her collection, A Permeable Life: Poems and Essays
• Alan – & So, by Amanda Gorman, from Call Us What We Carry
• Karen – Who You Gonna Call, by Amanda Gorman, from Call Us What We Carry
• Alan – Statues in the Park, by Billy Collins, from The Trouble with Poetry
• Karen and Alan – Closure, by Amanda Gorman, from Call Us What We Carry
If friends are interested in supplying readings for lightly programmed meeting for worship in the future, please feel welcome to contact Karen Garraputa, member of the Meeting on Ministry and Counsel.
In the light, Karen