Friends are invited to join us for Easter Egg Hunt on Easter Sunday!!! Yes! You read that correctly! This coming Sunday, April 4, 2021, New Garden Friends Meeting will have our annual Easter egg hunt in the cemetery at 1 p.m.! However, we will have to do things a little differently this year and follow some simple guidelines. We will not use recycled plastic eggs this year. The Religious Education committee has purchased pre-stuffed eggs in an effort to reduce
excessive handling. We will not collect the empty eggs afterward for reuse next year. The Easter bunny will be sure to use gloves while hiding the eggs. In addition:
- Everyone should bring their own basket or bag.
- Masks must be worn.
- Participants must stay in family groups and practice social distancing with other family groups.
- There should be no running.
- Once you touch an egg it is yours.
Disposable masks and hand sanitizer will be provided. We are looking forward to seeing everyone!!!
Upcoming Adult Forums
- April 4: Easter/Blue Zones Happiness / This will be a forum for fellowship and open discussion. Friends are invited to complete the Blue Zones Happiness test beforehand and discuss as they feel led. As we celebrate the resurrection of Christ, the coming of Spring, and new beginnings, Friends may feel led to explore and/or refresh areas of their own lives.
- April 11: A Conversation With Kathy Manning Rep. Manning represents North Carolina’s Sixth Congressional District, which includes all of Guilford County and part of Forsyth County. The meeting with her has been organized with the assistance of the Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL), and all Friends living or worshipping in the Sixth District are invited. We will be sharing FCNL’s legislative priorities with her and hearing her thoughts about important policy issues at the federal level.
- April 18: How to Be An Anti-Racist, by Ibram X. Kendi Peace & Social Concerns is leading the second session of a book study of “How to Be an Anti-Racist”. During the second session on April 18, we will discuss Chapter 2, “Dueling Consciousness”, Chapter 3, “Power” and Chapter 4, “Biology”. If there is enough interest, we will arrange further sessions of Kendi’s book at mutually agreeable times other than First Day Forum times.
- April 25: TBA