Honor cards are a different way for you to give a present to your friends, neighbors or loved ones. Instead of a physical object, you give a card that reflects a gift to a nonprofit of your choice. The gift to the non-profit is in the name of your friend or loved one, so they know that a local organization has been supported in their honor. At New Garden Friends Meeting, we have selected multiple non-profit organizations to support through honor cards. You can order/purchase each card from us with a donation of $5.00, and you will then send the card to the person you wish to honor. All proceeds are sent directly to the organization.
Honor cards will be for sale at the rise of Meeting for Worship for the 4 Sundays of Advent beginning on November 27, 2022. All cards are $5.00 per card from all organizations. Preferred payment is by check and must be made out to EACH INDIVIDUAL ORGANIZATION. For questions, email Cathy H Hamilton, [email protected] (note two H’s in in a row in that email) or Patricia Gutzwiller, [email protected] with “HONOR CARDS” in the subject line.
Organizations supported this year through the sales:
• Backpack Beginnings mission is to deliver child-centric services to feed, comfort, and clothe children in need. Serving over 17,000 children annually, our vision is a community of healthy and well-nurtured children. “All futures need a strong beginning.” https://backpackbeginnings.org/
• Faith Action International House / “Turning Strangers into Neighbors”/ Each year we serve thousands of our newest immigrant neighbors, while educating and connecting thousands more in our diverse community across lines of culture and faith. https://faithaction.org/
• Greensboro Urban Ministry serves the homeless, hungry, and poor in the community by bringing a variety of aid to people in need. With two shelters, housing programs, a community kitchen, food pantry, case management, and chaplaincy services, the organization’s mission is to express the love of God to our neighbors in need by offering food, shelter, and solutions. https://greensborourbanministry.org
• Habitat for Humanity / Seeking to put God’s love in action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope. Habitat Greensboro works toward our vision of a world where everyone has a safe and affordable place to live. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. Through financial support, volunteering, or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. https://habitatgreensboro.org/
• Mustard Seed Health Clinic / Empowering Our Community with Good Health. Mustard Seed Community Health provides high-quality holistic integrated health care in an environment that dignifies and empowers the whole person. With our Collaborative Cottage Grove partners, we are focused on Community-Centered Health in southeast Greensboro, as well as serving uninsured adults and children in Guilford County. https://www.mustardseedclinic.org/
• Heifer Project International / Heifer International’s mission is to end hunger and poverty while caring for the Earth. For more than 78 years, we have provided livestock and sustainable agricultural training to struggling communities around the world. We currently work in 21 countries, including the United States, supporting local food producers to expand their businesses and earn a living income. https://heifer.org/
• New Arrivals Institute / Assisting refugees and immigrants with self-sufficiency and US Citizenship through education. New Arrivals Institute (NAI) provides a variety of essential services that ease the process of cultural orientation and entry into the workforce for refugees. NAI programs assist emerging citizens to become productive, engaged, and confident contributors to the local economy through a variety of services including ELT and health education. Everyone in the Greensboro community benefits from the work of NAI. By empowering newly arrived individuals through education, the specific vulnerabilities and challenges associated with relocation to the United States are diminished. https://newarrivalsinstitute.org/
• Reading Connections transforms our community by improving literacy and providing educational equity for people of all ages, empowering them to navigate changes in an increasingly complex world.
• Red Dog Farm Animal Rescue is a leader in animal rescues in North Carolina. We have found homes for over 4,000 animals. Our organization is built on a large network of caring individuals and families who open their hearts, homes and farms to foster until a forever family is found. https://reddogfarm.com/
• The Snow Camp Theatre is an outdoor repertory theatre company whose vision is to bring the voices of the past alive by producing engaging historical dramas. For over 40 years the Snow Camp Outdoor Theatre has presented quality performances in picturesque Snow Camp, NC. https://www.facebook.com/snowcampoutdoortheatre/
• The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination. https://www.salvationarmycarolinas.org/greensboro/