The demand for food assistance is so high that over 100 household come each day, five days a week, to receive groceries from the Food Pantry. While the amount of donations have gone up over the last week, much more food is needed to continue meeting the weekly demand. The economy has driven many families to the pantry that have never had to as for food assistance before. Greensboro has always been a generous community and we know that with the support of the community, we can continue to provide food to the hungry.
Anyone experiencing food insecurity can come once a week to receive groceries from our Food Pantry. A photo ID is all that is needed. Guests are seen on a first-come, first-serve basis from 9 am until 3:30 pm.
HERE ARE SOME WAYS YOU CAN HELP THE FOOD PANTRY:
• You can donate cash that will be used to purchase food. Donations can be made through our secure website. You can also donate in support of the BIKE RIDE AGAINST HUNGER (see article below).
• You can conduct a FOOD DRIVE in your neighborhood, workplace, gym, place of worship, etc. CLICK HERE to access our Food Drive Kit.
• Participate in a Food Drive
• Purchase food and drop it off at our Food Pantry loading dock. Donations can be dropped off Monday – Friday from 9 am until 3:30 pm. The entrance is located at 1002 S. Eugene Street. Click HERE to access the list of what is needed the most.
• Click on https://bit.ly/3zU57dr to see upcoming Greensboro Urban Ministry special events.